GH3 and Lens

Started Feb 6, 2013 | Questions thread
AnandaSim
Forum ProPosts: 13,422Gear list
Like?
Re: GH3 and Lens
In reply to Lachtigall, Feb 10, 2013

Lachtigall wrote:

please could anybody be so kind and tell me if the following choice is a stupid one?

It's not stupid. But it may be viewed as unbalanced. Rather like buying a Formula 1 Sports car and fitting it with motorcycle tyres.

i have two reasons for it: one the small lens & its tiny adapters, second the price, i would get 4 different "lenses" for around $700 - and even a fisheye for an extra $ 120, in case i want it later on

this is the combination:

LUMIX® GH3

This is like a premium machine.

LUMIX® G X VARIO PZ 14-42mm / F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / POWER O.I.S. Lens

This is not the bestest lens that would suit such a premium machine. It works for sure and it's not bad, but it's not balanced in terms of perfomance.

Macro Conversion Lens DMW-GMC1 for G Series Cameras
Wide Conversion LensDMW-GWC1 for G Series Cameras
Tele Conversion Lens DMW-GTC1 for G Series Cameras

These are front facing, add-on lenses. They are a way to give more features to that lens without paying a regular price for premium lenses. Because they are same brand and designed for that lens, I would not say your photo is very very bad but they are not a balanced way to get a very sharp or very aberration free photo.

Look here:

http://www.four-thirds.org/en/microft/lens_chart.html

The additional lenses here which means you take off that lens and fit the new lens directly on the body, these lenses are designed to be sharpest for the price / weight

AnandaSim's gear list:AnandaSim's gear list
Kodak EasyShare P880 Olympus E-510 Olympus E-620 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Olympus PEN E-PM2 +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow