Started Feb 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Staunch
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Canon G15 or Fuji x20
Feb 10, 2013

OK folks I know this gets a bit old but I am having major deliberations. I have a DSLR but am finding more and more that it stays at home due to lugging kids and kit around. I want to get my photo count back up and stop just using my mobile phone as a fall back. So the idea is a compact camera, ideally with a view finder. I don't need to put it in a top pocket but would like it to be compact enough to carry in my jacket. I'm looking for something that will be versatile and produce images on a par to my D200 or near enough. Offering good, intuitive manual control, a fairly friendly interface. Shooting indoors regularly so reasonable low light performance would also be good. I will be using it for general photography as well as capturing moments with the family, so not for sport or anything crazy.

I have done loads of research and have ended up with a toss up between Canon G15 or the Fuji x20. I am drawn to the Fuji by design and look, oh and the digital overlay in the view finder sounds good. I don't really want looks to be the driving factor. Price is now entering into it. I have found the G15 for about £300 online while the x20 is likely to be around £500. Is it likely to be £200 better.

Your thoughts and advise would be appreciated.

Canon PowerShot G15 Fujifilm X20 Nikon D200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow