Started Feb 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
NoeGrapher
New MemberPosts: 22
Like?
Re: -Beginner a77 - and suggestions about tamron PS 70-300 USD Di
In reply to Bart7D, Feb 10, 2013

Bart7D wrote:

NoeGrapher wrote:

I don't know much about Tamron 28-75 f/2.8, but its quite interesting. How about indoors shooting? I must say that I take photos more then recording videos. The autofocus noise may be a annoying problem in the long term...don't you think ?

Apart from family and general events I've been using this lens for seven years now in theaters, concerts, church services and other events where silence was desirable. During the last three categories I generally avoid complete silent moments, by 'synchronizing' as much as possible with available/occurring sounds. - But actually it's rather the camera's click that might disturb someone at rare occasions, rather than the sound of the AF motor. (And with SLT's half of that problem is gone too...!)

It was only in recorded video with the A77's built-in mic that I became aware again of the typical screw-drive motor sound. So - don't worry - you might enjoy this lens a lot, and solve the little motor noise issue with an external mic.

Thanks, that was also what suggested the poster just above you.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow