Things I need to say as a MOD. / Opinions are welcome.

Started Feb 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
Paul De Bra
Forum ProPosts: 11,278Gear list
Like?
Thanks for your effort, and a small question.
In reply to Aleo Veuliah, Feb 10, 2013

I fully realize that it takes up your valuable time to do moderation. I was asked to moderate the Fujifilm forum just when I was moving to m43 and abandoning Fuji so I declined (or you might say escaped...).

I am not a complainer so I almost never hit the complain button but I do get mildly annoyed at the by now many postings that contain absolutely no information about m43 because it is just people showing small size images of where they have been with their m43 camera, without any information in the images or the text that makes anyone any wiser about the capabilities or possible issues with any m43 gear.

So perhaps it is possible to either have something in the forum heading or in a regular form of posting to keep forum visitors alert that this forum is not the "look where I have been shooting with my m43 camera" forum but that the forum is about the camera (and lenses). Maybe you could even make people aware that when it's the photos and photo opportunities and techniques that are the topic and not the gear dpreview has around 10 forums dedicated to those topics.

In every posting I look for information about the m43 gear and it's a pity that many threads that are started here (and that are not marked as OT) do not say anything about the m43 gear.

Thanks again for you moderation efforts.

-- hide signature --

Slowly learning to use the Olympus OM-D E-M5.
Public pictures at http://debra.zenfolio.com/.

Paul De Bra's gear list:Paul De Bra's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
AleoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow