NewsyL
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,466
Like?
Re: ASUS Zenbook UX32D
In reply to Tom_N, Feb 10, 2013

Tom_N wrote:

Tom_N wrote:

janeenadamsmartin wrote:

Thanks to you guys, I am looking as this Asus, but all I see are 4mg configurations, and it doesn't appear that you can order it direct from Asus....does that mean I would have to add extra memory myself?

The Asus site says the main memory for the UX32D is "DDR3 1600MHz 2GB (on board) + 2G or 4G Slot Dim"; and that it is "available with … 6GB memory".

My mistake. That's the specification for the UX32VD. I don't see a UX32D (no 'V') listed on the Asus site.

On Amazon, there is one Marketplace seller offering versions of the UX32VD with 10 GB of RAM – RAM installed by the Marketplace seller. So the machine might "unofficially" accept 8 GB DIMMs, and have an "unofficial" maximum RAM capacity of 10 GB.

Yes, there is another thread here where a user has mentioned doing this upgrade.  Quite easy to do.  In the previous generation of this model it may have been difficult if not impossible for a user to upgrade the RAM themselves but the 2012 Win7 version of the UX32VD was improved.

-- hide signature --

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow