Things I need to say as a MOD. / Opinions are welcome.

Started Feb 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
rrr_hhh
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,919Gear list
Like?
Re: Things I need to say as a MOD. / Opinions are welcome.
In reply to Aleo Veuliah, Feb 10, 2013

Aleo Veuliah wrote:

.Try to not post more than 10 pictures at once made a separate post on the same thread containing the rest of the pictures, Dpreview will thank you for that. pleaseOnly want to add that if you have to post many pictures .If you have opinions or suggestions post here on this thread

Hi Aleo, a lot of your time to moderate this list and thanks for making your guidelines transparent. We all appreciate your involvement.partThanks for dedicating
As for suggestions, I'd have one : that people trim the unneeded text when they use "reply with quote"; there is nothing more noyous than having a page long quote with just a one liner answer at the end.
This is especially true when the original post includes lots of pictures and several users just click the "reply with quote" to add some useless polite comments like "very nice" or "beautiful series" or "great pictures" etc. why add all those pictures again when when there is no particular comment addressing a single picture. "Reply without quote" should be in order there. Or only keep the pictures on which you want to comment on in your answer. What good is it to have the original poster put his pictures in a second post when we get 15 untrimmed reply with quotes to that second post ? People answering without trimming should be educated, just like people posting many pictures have been educated to post them in a second following post. 
Given the propension of people to use the "reply with quotes" option and make one liner appreciation on pictures sets, I find that 5 pictures rather than 10 should be the upper limit. People having more to show can always add a link to their gallery.
After all posting too many pictures in the same posts doesn't bring so many interesting comments on each individual pictures, so in the end it isn't in the interest of the photographer to add too many pictures in the same thread.
-- hide signature --

rrr_hhh

rrr_hhh's gear list:rrr_hhh's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
AleoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow