Quick Review of the 10-18mm Wide Zoom

Started Feb 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
NowHearThis
Senior MemberPosts: 2,252Gear list
Like?
Re: One question for you.
In reply to NeoTiger, Feb 10, 2013

NeoTiger wrote:

Hey everyone, I've done a quick comparative review of the Sony NEX E-mount 10-18mm wide angle zoom with the 18-200mm zoom and the 16mm prime.

Full review and images can be found here: http://ai-artificialimagination.blogspot.com.au/2013/02/sony-nex-10-18mm-lens-shootout.html

My findings were that the lens is not that sharp at 18mm when comparing to the 18-200mm, which is a bit disappointing. It definitely beats the 16mm prime with the VCL-ECU1 (0.75x converter) though when comparing at the wide end.

I also find that when you're shooting at extreme wide angles, having a zoom is very handy. In this focal length range, a small change in focal length has a huge impact on your composition and framing, so I definitely prefer having the convenience of a zoom as well as being able to walk closer or further from the subject.

Regarding this image of yours here:  It looks like there is no magenta cast on the corners on this image, did you touch it up and remove it or was this actually what you got from the NEX7?

Thanks, for posting you thoughts BTW.

-- hide signature --

NHT
while ( ! ( succeed = try() ) );

NowHearThis's gear list:NowHearThis's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow