AF-D = no need for lens micro adjustment?

Started Feb 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Nordstjernen
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,194Gear list
Like?
AF-D = no need for lens micro adjustment?
Feb 9, 2013

I have played around with my A99 and bright lenses that are AF-D compatible for a few days, and I am impressed with the focus accurancy for static subjects, also in very low light. None of the lenses are micro adjusted. Maybe this technology means the end for in-camera lens micro adjustment?

I really hope that Sony will implement on-sensor contrast focus for all their upcoming SLT cameras. This would really make Sony stand out from N/C since focus error is a frustrating real world problem with all phase focus based systems.

Sure, if you use other AF settings micro adjustment is handy, and so for non-supported lenses, so it would be wise to offer this option too. Also this is welcome when using other AF settings than AF-D.

I am really looking forward to test my long lenses and the AF-D setting combined With the focus limiter for fast moving subjects!

Nordstjernen's gear list:Nordstjernen's gear list
Sony SLT-A99 Sony Alpha 7
Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow