Am I crazy? Considering selling my RX100 and getting a Panasonic LX7 or Canon G15.

Started Feb 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
photo perzon
Senior MemberPosts: 3,484Gear list
Like?
Re: I switched.
In reply to Ray Sachs, Feb 9, 2013

Ray Sachs wrote:

I switched from the RX100, which I also found "great but grating" to an LX7 and am having a lot more fun with it. The RX100 has an amazing sensor and very small size and not much else. The LX7 has a much nicer lens, overwhelmingly better controls and interface, and a more comfortable size (if ultra small size isn't a huge priority). Between the faster and wider lens, the easily switchable multi-aspect sensor, the aperture ring and other controls, the ability to switch quickly and easily between auto and manual focus (and remember your last manual focus settings), I find the LX7 an overwhelmingly more enjoyable camera. I think the RX100 is undeniably better in low light at the wide end - other than that, I'll take the LX7.

I gave the RX100 to my wife. She leaves it in AUTO and snaps away and loves it. But if you want to interact with your gear more than that, it's a maddening camera.

-Ray
-------------------------
http://www.flickr.com/photos/20889767@N05/collections/72157626204295198/

But Ray the Sony RX1 has the same controls and interface and a warm following.

What is it about the Sony that gives it inferior controls and interface?

Personally I like the Leica X1 dials and the similar X100(s) dials.  I like dialing speed and aperture.  I'd even like an ISO dial.

photo perzon's gear list:photo perzon's gear list
Canon PowerShot S120 Ricoh GXR A16 24-85mm F3.5-5.5 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow