Started Feb 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Brian Wadie
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,321Gear list
Like?
BIFs at 500mm with EM-5
Feb 9, 2013

I took the EM-5 + Tamron 500mm mirror for another walk along my local quayside yesterday, in dreadfully grey and dank conditions but I thought it worth a play to see just how badly this combo would work (to give me a lower limit baseline for my experimenting)

Only gulls to play with but there are a couple, both of which were resized from the original frame with only a little cropping to remove extraneous dross.

I put the squabbling gulls into B&W as the colours were so washed out in the origiinal and neither are particularly sharp as the shutter speed was really too low for this type of shot (for my style of shooting anyway). Both hand-held

Coming in to land

this was an exercise in timing, I wanted to get one of the gulls as it grabbed the bread

Brian Wadie's gear list:Brian Wadie's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro +3 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow