Started Feb 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jim Cockfield
Forum ProPosts: 14,813
Like?
Re: Laptop for Photography Advice... Budget $2500-$3000
In reply to surve, Feb 9, 2013

surve wrote:

• Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 32/64bit
  • 17.3“ Toshiba TruBrite® High Def+ (1600 x 900) res. Widescreen 200NIT and LED backlighting
  • 16GB DDR3 1333 MHz RAM
  • 120GB SSD + 1TB Hard Disk Drive
  • NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 630M with 2GB VRAM
  • BluRay read and DVD SuperMulti Dual/Double Layer DVD Burner
  • USB 3.0 and HDMI

Intel® 3rd Generation Core i7 3610QM Processor2.3GHz(Turbo up to 3.3GHz) 1333 FSB 6M cache

I found another one that has a 120GB SSD. I do loose screen resolution but, that doesn't matter so much to me, because of the external screen. My be the View Sonic screen would be a better choice because the resolution is 1920x1080 IPS with100% sRGB.What do you all think?

I'm confused.  Exactly what View Sonic system are you talking about with 100% sRGB coverage?

A model number and link to it would be appreciated, as the specs you're mentioning don't appear to have anything to do with a system like that, as those specs appear to be for a Toshiba model using a lower resolution 1600x900 screen instead of a 1080p display (with fairly low brightness compared to most newer screens, judging from the 200NIT rating).

I confess that I haven't read all of the posts in this thread yet.  But, the system specs you just posted appear to be from a far inferior system on the surface (at least as far as the screen is concerned).

So, I'd be interested in the laptop model you're referring to with a nice 1080P IPS display and 100% sRGB coverage (as that's pretty rare from what I can tell).

-- hide signature --

JimC
------

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow