OK - I've got 2 stupid questions...are you ready?

Started Feb 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ben Herrmann
Forum ProPosts: 16,354Gear list
Like?
OK - I've got 2 stupid questions...are you ready?
Feb 9, 2013

I'm going to ask the following 2 questions 'cause I'm experiencing one of my daily occurring "brain-farts."  So please bear with me and if you have to poke some fun in jest, please do remember, that I may be empirical proof that Neanderthal man may very well have mated with Buffalo....  I may post this on several forums to ensure I get a response.

OK here goes...

1.  Regarding smallish sensor sizes in enthusiast models.  I'm confused here.  Which is the larger sensor - a 1/2.3" variety or this newer 1/2" variety that Fuji is now putting in some of their very long zoom enthusiast cameras?

2.  With regards to White Balance choices - if I'm in an indoor huge hall and the lighting is composed of those large Sodium Lamps - and I want to set my WB to a preset setting, which is the closest - Tungsten or Flourescent (or others)?  OK - so you may respond with, "well, why don't you just do a custom WB?"  In the event that I can't do a custom WB reading (no grey card or white sheet), what would be the safest way (closest, most accurate way) to go in regards to presets?

OK - I got those out of the way, so any answers would be appreciated (well, true answers that is).

-- hide signature --

Have a great one....
Bernd (Ben) W. Herrmann
North Carolina, USA
link

Ben Herrmann's gear list:Ben Herrmann's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus C-7070 Wide Zoom Olympus E-10 Olympus E-20 Canon PowerShot G12 +30 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow