If People want a Pentax FF so bad.. Go buy a 645d ??

Started Feb 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
Unexpresivecanvas
Senior MemberPosts: 1,075
Like?
Re: If People want a Pentax FF so bad.. Go buy a 645d ??
In reply to baldeagle21b, Feb 9, 2013

Probably some  part of the market wants a  cheap FF, priced at an unrealistically very low price, but probably the expectation of most of us is a good FF priced at a "reasonable price".

It's obvious that one part of the market  wants a FF from Pentax, so people can continue in their growth path for equipment and sensors. Other people are happy with the current lineup of products but at the same time they will be more comfortable knowing there is already a growth path from APS-C w/o thinking of the need to one day having have to buy a 645D as the only option to get into more advanced sensors.

On the other hand, I don't see anything wrong with people wanting to get  better things at a lower prices. Has been a law of human behavior  since trade was developed: we want better for less. What's wrong with being economically efficient? Even large corporations with deep pockets strive daily for the efficiency equation.

The gap between APS-C and Medium-Format is to wide in the Pentax side and it deters a lot of potential Pentax buyers.  People that are not happy with Sony, Canon or Nikon don't move into Pentax because that gap. I know this from experience.

Also modern times are marked by the worst financial crisis since the big depression, which has affected the purchase capacity of very large segments of the population. It forces more of us to consider the best use for our hard earned money.

Also I believe that an important segment of the market  for Pentax in Europe and Americas is composed of baby boomers. It's not easy to make big investment decisions in something discretionary as a camera equipment when a lot of users live on fixed income that has been eroded by financial uncertainty.

What i am trying to signify here is that there is a more complex financial reality down here and using the 'cheap' adjective to describe people's financial realities may not resound very well when confronted with the daily reality of most of us.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow