How good is the original 5D Mark I compared to the 2013 Canon's?

Started Feb 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
Glassfish
Regular MemberPosts: 332
Like?
Re: 5D classic is fantastic!
In reply to qianp2k, Feb 9, 2013

qianp2k wrote:

John Sheehy wrote:

The bottom line is, no matter what the sensor size, or no matter what percentage of the format size you crop, higher pixel density means more resolution, sometimes even when the higher pixel density has more aggressive AA filtering, relative to pixel size.

I disagree. I'd say crop format is still #1 important factor. Crop factor in digital magnification and crop penalties are very important issues that you cannot ignore. Otherwise you can extend to the same logic in 30X crop cameras, so nobody should buy a 600mm native lens but just a 20mm lens on 30X crop camera.

Please show me Nokia 808 photos in real world as i did in this thread such as in landscape photos. Otherwise what your theory is meaningless if it cannot generate decent photos.

-- hide signature --

Stick to resolution attribute, what is the reason that crop format cannot have the same resolution power as a FF format given crop body has equal number of pixels or more as on a FF body? If that is the case, how many MP a crop body needs in order for it to have the same resolving power as FF body for a given number of MP on the FF body?

Does a FF body having 6MP sensor out resolve a crop body having 18MP sensor given every thing else about the sensors on both body are the same and pictures are compared at the same FOV?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ThatNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow