Wide lens of choice?

Started Feb 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
jeffharris
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,346Gear list
Like?
Re: Wide lens of choice?
In reply to Dylthedog, Feb 9, 2013

Dylthedog wrote:

I've got an E-PL5 with a Panny 20mm, Oly 45mm and the kit lens (plus some longer Oly and Panny options) but I'd quite like higher quality wide option.

So my question to DPR people is how have you found the 12mm f2? Are the Photozone samples representative or not? Anyone got the and the 9-18mm - if so, what's your view?

I have a 7-14mm and recently got an SLR Magic Hyperprime 12mm T1.6 (f1.4).

I can't say enough good things about the 7-14mm! Image quality and the 7mm end are all excellent.

The SLRM 12mm I got for low-light shooting. Im chose it over the Oly 12mm for manual operation… stepless aperture ring and manual focus… much lower price and 1/2+ stop extra light gathering ability. The build quality is excellent… solid, smooth and feels really good in the hand. Shooting wide, hand held at night is a kind of a revelation. Plus, it's a lot of fun to use!

jeffharris's gear list:jeffharris's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Voigtlander Nokton 25mm F0.95 Voigtlander Nokton 42.5mm F0.95 Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow