It's time to abandon PhotoShop

Started Jan 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
bpdougd
Regular MemberPosts: 237
Like?
Re: It's time to abandon PhotoShop
In reply to Chester S Parks, Feb 9, 2013

Chester S Parks wrote:

Every since Adobe came out with LightRoom, I have using it and it along with DxO. These have now become my main photo cataloging and photo optimizing tools. I find that I want to use PhotoShop about once every month or so. As a result, I have held off paying Adobe's high upgrade prices for PS and reduced my upgrade cycle to every other version. Since CS4 is getting a little behind now, I need to think about what I'm going to do.

Now that Adobe has decided to go to the monthly rental fee and eliminated upgrades, I am reluctant to part with that much money for occasional use.

My computers are all APPLE and running the latest OS X 10.8. Can anyone recommend an alternate more economical editor that will do layers and "near PS" capabilities?

Well, to be accurate, Adobe has not "eliminated upgrades". They have pulled in how far back (in versions) you can go to get the upgrade price and they are pushing their subscription model pretty hard, though.

I absolutely depend upon Photoshop, not so much for my current photography but for repairing and retouching old photos. While I use many tools for this, Photoshop is the one, core, essential tool.

For photographs I take, I could probably get along nicely with Lightroom and, perhaps, Elements.

-- hide signature --

Doug Dickerson www.codougd.smugmug.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow