Started Feb 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
JeffAHayes
Senior MemberPosts: 1,832Gear list
Like?
Re: My mini documentary filmed with a K7
In reply to shaynemusic, Feb 9, 2013

shaynemusic wrote:

JeffAHayes wrote:

I have a couple other quick comments on content, as well, Shayne.

1. I agree with PanasonicPentax that it would have been good to see bits and pieces (at least) of the finished product early on, prior to the "big reveal." Frankly, I think a quick shot of an entire kayak, early on, followed by maybe several together at the end, if he has several in stock at any one time.

my goal now is to plan the shoot on paper instead of my head, I think it will produce better shots. The A/V script feature in Celtx is pretty cool.

I'm probably not going to fix this one though, it is what it is, my little piece of art. However, I'm already working on my next short - and I just found out about cine lenses. Watch out internet!

Cheers!

Yeah, Shayne, planning your shots ahead of time on paper is a great idea. I took a couple of film classes in college (mostly studying it, not doing it), and all movies are made that way. Long prior to shooting anything, they create what are called "storyboards" for every shot, showing the angle(s), action, etc.

I don't know if you buy or rent many movies, but a lot of them come with extras that also sometimes include the director and others showing their storyboarding process. Since I can't even draw a decent stick figure, storyboarding would be A BEAR for me, but I really see the value of it in making a video or film.

I look forward to seeing your next video.

Jeff

-- hide signature --

A word is worth 1/1000th of a picture... Maybe that's why I use so many words!

JeffAHayes's gear list:JeffAHayes's gear list
Pentax WG-3 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-30 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow