Laptop for Photography Advice... Budget $2500-$3000

Started Feb 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
NewsyL
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,402
Like?
Re: Laptop for Photography Advice... Budget $2500-$3000
In reply to surve, Feb 9, 2013

surve wrote:

The only port that I see in the spec's, is a HMDI will that do the job. I have also been looking this afternoon, at the View Sonic VX2370Smh-LED

I don't know for sure.

While the current standard for HDMI is capable of handling high bandwidth resolutions much higher than 2560x1600, it seems that on a number of laptops the max resolution the HDMI port will handle is 1920x1200 or 1080.  Perhaps it is because they have an HDMI port of the previous standard or this may have something to do with HDCP Digital Content Protection.  It's not something I'm current on - I just know I'm still reading posts where it is not working as expected.

It could be simply that their laptops had an older version of HDMI.

While I have read a lot of threads from people with laptops complaining of problems connecting their 30" 2560x1600 and 27" 2560x1440 monitors, I seldom see one where someone can.  Surprise surprise.... one showed up yesterday in another thread here.  Interestingly, it was with an Acer Aspire connected to one of these inexpensive Korean 27" 2560x1440 monitors that a lot of people have been buying lately.

-- hide signature --

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow