Anyone has Tamron 17-50 2.8 Di II (non VC) working wit LA-EA2 (NEX 5N)?

Started Feb 7, 2013 | Questions thread
EinsteinsGhost
Forum ProPosts: 11,070Gear list
Like?
Re: Anyone has Tamron 17-50 2.8 Di II (non VC) working wit LA-EA2 (NEX 5N)?
In reply to Emrik, Feb 9, 2013

Emrik wrote:

Hi,

Yes I saw that too which is why i'm trying to find someone that has this lens and set up to verify.

It's such a good value lens I'm surprised there's not been any response from owners.

Contacting sellers are no use, they just say Yes (b/c of the matching mount, as accepted by EA2) or they say No (b/c they hear NEX, they know that's an E mount).

No seller has this lens in stock for me to test, i wouldn't be buying it in shop anyway so i don't want to trouble them.

Official Tamron site has a compatibility table, which indicate Di-II and EA2 adapter as 'Performance cannot be guaranteed.' - WTF does that mean, tell me Yes or No!

http://www.tamron.com/faq/en/faq1-3.html

There was a thread on this . You could try contacting the person.

I suspect that the person quoted at dyxum had issues with proper attachment of lens to the adapter. The very first time I used my Sigma 70 f/2.8 on LA-EA1 (screw driven lenses are MF on that one, unlike LA-EA2), I initially noticed "f/1" for aperture, knowing that the lens to adapter contacts were off. I reinstalled the lens and it worked just fine. If that were to happen with EA2, the AF functionality wouldn't work. So I suspect either the EA2 was faulty or the lens was installed improperly.

Unfortunately, my personal experience with EA2 and screw drive lenses does not include Tamron 17-50/2.8 (I have Sony 16-50/2.8 SSM), but only Sigma 70mm f/2.8 (Macro) and Minolta 200G HS.

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow