K-5II AF correction >10

Started Feb 9, 2013 | Questions thread
RPulley
Senior MemberPosts: 1,033
Like?
Re: K-5II AF correction >10
In reply to CtrlAltDel_ru, Feb 9, 2013

CtrlAltDel_ru wrote:

I have 7 lenses and K-5IIs. One of them (Tamron 17-50/2.8) requires more than 10 points of autofocus correction. Is there way to use debug menu? I used it for K100D and K-7.

If I change AF in debug menu will it be active for all lenses or for mounted lens?

Yet another Tamron 17-50 f2.8 that does not AF correctly.

I would advise selling the lens and buying a Sigma 17-50 f2.8. The Tamron is notorious for AF problems, and you might well find that when you do adjust the AF tune with debug that it still does not AF properly at some zoom settings.

If you are not afraid of SDM, there seem to be a fair number of used 16-50s showing up at decent prices as well.

In addition, doesn't dialing in an offset via debug then apply to all lenses? If so, you might not be able to dial in your other lenses after the debug change.

I guess the low price of the Tamron just keeps sucking people into buying it, but even a brief search will turn up many reports of AF issues with this lens on every brand.

Ray

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow