Started Feb 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: Stripping Canadian Citizenship from Terrorists
In reply to G. Gray, Feb 9, 2013

G. Gray wrote:

Stripping Canadian Citizenship from TerroristsFebruary 7, 2013

I agree that convicted terrorists should be stripped of their Canadian citizenship. Anyone who commits terrorist acts in Canada or abroad has clearly renounced their Canadian citizenship by rejecting Canadian values and the loyalty to our country that citizenship requires.

Their citizenship is the least of their concerns if we put them behind bars for the rest of their lives, or worse yet, end their lives for the crimes they commit.  Anyone who commits an act of terrorism and is convicted in a court of law, should (imo) be given the death penalty.  With all due respect to those who do not believe in the death penalty of course.

Canada should follow the example of almost every other Western democracy, including Australia and the United Kingdom, which already have the authority to revoke citizenship from terrorists.

I urge the Government to move quickly to pass legislation to strip convicted terrorists of their Canadian citizenship.

__________________________________________________________________________________

An email from my gun club, thought it was interesting. I wonder what citizen would be "rejecting Canadian values and the loyalty to our country that citizenship requires. "

-- hide signature --

If you go into Home Depot and someone offers to help you and he is not an employee, you are in Canada

-- hide signature --

Slider44

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow