hellocrowley
Senior MemberPosts: 1,194
Like?
Re: Wireless flash triggers that work RELIABLY with XPro1
In reply to photocrunch, Feb 9, 2013

photocrunch wrote:

I found out that it is quite important, that you keep the following sequence:

1. Mount transmitter and receiver on the camera and flash

2. Switch on the transmitter as first, both lights on the transmitter must be green. If not switch the camera on and off, then both green lights will be on.

3. Switch on the receiver, both green lights turn on.

4. Turn the camera and flashlight on.

In turning the camera on and off it seems to me that a capacitor in the transmitter is loaded to swiitch the power of the transmitter on.

If you do not switch on your camera now, the capacitor will discharge and the power green light will be disabled again. In that case you have to switch on and off the camera again.

I hope everything is clear now, this method seems to be very reliable and I think it has nothing to do with EVF as I use mostly EVF. I could make photos up to 1/300 s.

Thanks Photocrunch.

I tried your startup sequence. Unfortunately it didn't work. As soon as I turn on the camera, the 2nd light on the transceiver turns off. Anyway that 2nd light didnt seem to matter, the flash would fire in OVF mode without it.

Too bad I'll have to keep using my 603c because I invested in 2 Yongnuo 560 III that have built-in 603c receivers.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow