Am I crazy? Considering selling my RX100 and getting a Panasonic LX7 or Canon G15.

Started Feb 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
howardfuhrman
Senior MemberPosts: 2,593
Like?
Re: Am I crazy? Considering selling my RX100 and getting a Panasonic LX7 or Canon G15.
In reply to 2eyesee, Feb 9, 2013

I looked over the advantages that you indicated on the other thread and one you indicated is "LX7 has articulating LCD - G15 has viewfinder".  Just to set the record set, the LX7 does not have an articulating LCD and in bright sunlight I find it difficult to see the LCD.

While I think that the RX100 and Canon G15 are very good cameras, I have a LX7 and I have had very good results.  I purchased on black Friday for $299 which was less than 1/2 the price of the Rx100 at the time.  I knew at the time and still believe that the RX100 is not twice as good as the LX7.  One of my business associates purchased a RX100 and went to Europe and shot auto and got good results.  As for me the LX7 has very accessible adjustments.

While the RX100 has better high ISO performance than the LX7, it's lenses is much slower especially at the long end (less at the wide end) and LX7 faster lens offsets some or all of the advantages of RX100's ISO performance.

The RX100 is smaller than the LX7 and I like that, but has fewer accessible controls. The LX7 has an excellent (but expensive) EVF accessory and I am not sure whether the RX100 has an accessory EVF.

Bottom line I am very satisfied with my LX7. A picture is worth 1,000 words and it can say much more and in a better way than I said in my commentary.

LX7 - Napa CA

Good luck with your decision.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow