Canon Portrait lens on Full Frame Body

Started Feb 8, 2013 | Questions thread
PreetinderBajwa
Forum MemberPosts: 65Gear list
Like?
Re: Makes no sense
In reply to BAK, Feb 9, 2013

Hi BAK,

Sorry if it all didn't make any sense to you......  I do understand your frustration about a noob asking silly question I guess ! But if you see the pictures on the Flicker group and see the bokeh balls..... you'll probably get an idea of what background blur I imagine to have.

Photography and everything else for me is an art not a science, as everyone says you could have a technically perfect picture but it might still not make people emote. Rangefinders, its technicalities, sensible paths et al are limitation people put in front of themselves ! I will hit the wall after I try to do the impossible or I will get the advise here not to try it and I will avoid the wall But I won't let my ignorance stop me from being curious and reaching out to people.....

So I thought maybe I'll get lucky and find a way to use that lens (if i end up buying it). I might not understand what rangefinder means, but I can dream the possibility of what the lens could achieve

I just saw something in a  shop window, had a bit of money in my pocket (one of the rare occasions) and saw some google search results where people were 'wow wowing' the lens !

Here I am asking the fraternity for their thoughts,  If I knew everything about the hardware I wouldn't ask the question....

So instead of showing me what I don't know please help me learn what you know

Thanks and Regards

Preet

BAK wrote:

If you do not understand much about photography, why are you even thinking of old lenses designed for other purposes?

Your messages make no sense.

Do you know what rangefinder means?

Do you have some good reason to depart from any sensible path?

BAK

-- hide signature --

If money was not an issue for a lifetime - what would you be doing instead of what you do now ?

PreetinderBajwa's gear list:PreetinderBajwa's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow