Anyone use these little OPTECH strap doohickies?

Started Feb 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
ARB1
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,019Gear list
Like?
Re: Anyone use these little OPTECH strap doohickies?
In reply to Julian Vrieslander, Feb 9, 2013

Julian Vrieslander wrote:

I would be concerned that, with the strap disconnected, the little do-hickies might work their way loose, and fall off the camera. But I have not seen this product and I don't know how tight they fit.

I use OpTech's "Super-Classic Strap", with the "Pro Loop" connections.

http://optechusa.com/straps/super-classic-strap.html

When working on a tripod for an extended period of time, I can quickly detach and remove most of the strap. The short Pro Loop pieces are still dangling from the camera, but they don't get in the way, and they will not fall off.

I actually had to put them in hot water to soften them a bit to get them through the split loops, they are not going anyplace but they'd be very easy to remove if I needed to. I really like the setup a lot and I like that I don't have the traditional Optech strap attachments dangling when not using the neck strap.

I wish I had these when I was in Washington for the inauguration because I lost the padded neck portion of my Optech strap because I wasn't able to disconnect the entire strap easily so the neck portion fell off in the crowd somewhere - bummer.

-- hide signature --

Allen

ARB1's gear list:ARB1's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon D800 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow