ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Starbuxx
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Bowens 500Pro/250R E5 Error question
Feb 9, 2013

Hi all,

I am experiencing problems with three Bowens 500Pro/250R monolights, after 18 months of use. On low power setting (1-2.5, out of max 6), every once in a while, the monolights do not fire and E5 error (tube misfire error) is displayed, along with long 'beep'. It happens frequently enough to become very annoying. Bowens 500Pro does it every single time, when used on lowest power setting. On mid-level power, or max power setting, all monolights work flawlessly (fire every single time).
I checked the flashtubes and they seem properly fit (although quite a bit burnt near the connectors). I haven't pull the flashtubes out to make sure they are properly fit or to try them out on other monolights, because I was not sure the flashtubes were user replaceable parts.

So, is this E5 error a sign that flashtubes needs replacing? Even though they work fine on high power levels? Does any of you, fellow Bowens users, have any experience with these particular monolights and this E5 error?

Any word of advice is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Bojan

Olympus E-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow