EVF of X-Pro-1 and X-E1 compared?

Started Feb 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
baobob
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,025Gear list
Like?
Re: EVF of X-Pro-1 and X-E1 compared?
In reply to Bernie Ess, Feb 9, 2013

1. Since I got the Fuji X, I did not touch my DSLR once, not for my fast moving daughter, let alone static outside scenes.

same here my 5D2 is mainly in the cupboard to prevent getting dust

So the question is: Is the EVF in the X-Pro 1 precise enough to allow for exact focussing?

Absolutely AF no problem after many FW upgrades

In MF and EVF + 3x magnification you get an ultraprecise focus tool, not so fast but excellent Could be however improved by implementing focus peaking

And are the framelines in the OVF precise enough to more or less get the shot I want?

depending of focal lenght you catch 90% or 80% of the actual puicture 80% is for the 35mm

If yes, I'll probably change the X-E1 for an X-Pro 1. I just want to really see the scene I am going to shoot,the X-Pro 1 would do the 2 things for me I prefer:

IMHO the big advantage of OVF is in bright light and for action and street photography wher you can cleraly your target progressively entering into the final frame

Show me a natural preview of the scene I am going to shoot (OVF), and in other cases, a better LCD image if that is needed, the X-Pro1 LCD being better in resolution...

Thanks,

Bernie

-- hide signature --

Good judgment comes from experience
Experience comes from bad judgment

baobob's gear list:baobob's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sony RX100 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow