Forum ProPosts: 22,596
Like?
That's a mural inspired by a great Japanese Artist
In reply to Zindanfel, Feb 9, 2013

Zindanfel wrote:

a Chap wrote:

Lou, Zin Stephen & Roel,

Thank you for looking and commenting.

The picture is of a waterfall, viewed from above and looking almost vertically downwards as the cascade hits a small ledge and bursts over another precipice, cropped for a little ambiguity. In the background the fall on the opposite side of the rift is visible. While that was in shadow, the sunlit spray from the ledge twinkled seemingly endlessly on its journey into the deep. It made me think of a shower of glinting diamonds while I was trying to make my picture, hence the slightly cheesy and probably unnecessarily cryptic title. The lighter bars in the bottom right are just my picture signature.

I'll revisit the picture to tweak the contrast. Would you lighten the lights or darken the darks or both?

All the best,

Thanks for the background. I admire the initiative and effort to extend yourself, and for acting on the inspiration.

My PP knowledge is basic, so I don't know the possibilities, but if you might work in the direction of a level of graphic definition seen in this shot of a building mural in Olympia, Washington...?

-- hide signature --

Zin

"The Wave" or more complete : "The Great Wave off Kanagawa" by Hokusai (a WOODprint, ain't that amazing?)

The graphic style inspired Hergé, Belgian comic book artist and author of Tintin:

Look here: http://jacquesc.home.xs4all.nl/

I'm sure there must be a nod somewhere in the Spielberg-Jackson movie...

-- hide signature --

Roel Hendrickx
lots of images: www.roelh.zenfolio.com
my E-3 user field report from Tunisian Sahara: http://www.biofos.com/ukpsg/roel.html

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
OKNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow