Am I crazy? Considering selling my RX100 and getting a Panasonic LX7 or Canon G15.

Started Feb 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
John.Laninga
Senior MemberPosts: 1,727Gear list
Like?
Re: I switched too
In reply to Ray Sachs, Feb 9, 2013

I owned the RX100 and had a good time using it.  Then when the LX7 sale came I bought one, and although the RX100 has a better sensor I found the LX7 has a better lens.  Since in some ways, I'm kind of old school,the better lens appealed to me.  Also, I felt the handling (better access to direct controls) was better on the LX7.

So, I sold the RX100 and with the money I bought the LVF2 finder.  So the total package of LX7 and LVF2 cost less than the RX100.  Using the LVF2 was a revelation on small camera use, you can do things you just can't do with an LCD only.  Especially sunrises/sets, low light, and macro work.

So from someone who has had both I'd say go for the LX-7 and if you can afford it get the LVF2.

John.Laninga's gear list:John.Laninga's gear list
Fujifilm X-S1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Fujifilm XF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow