surprising lack of interest in G5 review

Started Feb 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
Lia_
Junior MemberPosts: 37Gear list
Like?
Re: surprising lack of interest in G5 review
In reply to Trevor Carpenter, Feb 9, 2013

Trevor Carpenter wrote:

Over the last few months there have been several threads whinging about the lack of a DPR G5 review, yet when a post tells us about a review that is very well constructed with lots of interesting observations it creates almost no debate. Very strange.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3378867#forum-post-50803912

-- hide signature --

I've read the review with great interest, as I've been contemplating G5 / GH3 for months now. Coming from a G1, the G5 will be a big step up, but I'm a bit hesitant to buy a camera with a 2 year old sensor (though tweaked)... OTOH, as a still photographer, I'm struggling to justify the price of the GH3, which is more than double the G5.

Happy to see this thread with people being actually really enthusiastic about their G5. The fact that it hardly came up here, made me a bit concerned. So I'm leaning more and more towards the G5...

Lia_'s gear list:Lia_'s gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow