Started Feb 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Karsten Pedersen
Junior MemberPosts: 29Gear list
Like?
D7000 and ISO settings
Feb 9, 2013

Im struggling a bit taking pictures inside with my D7000. Usually at my brothers house and mostly of his children.

The problem I have is getting properly exposed images. To my eye the livingroom in his house should have fine amount of light to take properly exposed pictures. But I find myself not wanting to go above ISO 1000-1600ish on my D7000 because of noise. Also I don't want to go below 1/50. Lens is 17-55 2.8. And I always stay at 2.8 to get the most light.

Is it just time to add a flash?

Last time I was there I decided to try to stay at a lower ISO, and the boost in PP. Didn't give me any better noise results.

Is it better to shoot at a higher ISO and get a correctly exposed image in camera (and thus more noise), or shoot at a lower ISO (and therefore less noise) and then boost in PP?

Here is one shot in 1000 ISO

Of course underexposed. When I try to boost it i PP, I get noise in the girls face. And in her red shirt. Would it have been better if I had just shot it at 1600 ISO.

Perhaps I am just expecting too much of my D7000 - noisewise.

Karsten Pedersen's gear list:Karsten Pedersen's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR +4 more
Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow