Canon 6D - Most versatile landscape camera ever made.

Started Feb 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
runefb
Contributing MemberPosts: 501Gear list
Like?
Re: Canon 6D - Most versatile landscape camera ever made.
In reply to technic, Feb 9, 2013

technic wrote:

Christoph Stephan wrote:

As far as I am informed the 5DII and III have 100% viewfinder coverage, whereas the 6D has only 97%; that unsightly pole may still be in the frame although you thought you had cropped it out.

Of course, even the full frame DSLRs do not reach the viewfinder quality and brightness of the classical SLRs in the eighties like the OM-2 - in this regard it has been a downgrade ever since.

I don't worry about the 97% coverage, but I do worry about not having a big, bright and optically high quality viewfinder. For me that is very important for the photographic experience. Indeed everything I have seen in DSLRs was worse than the OM-2 viewfinder (I haven't seen all pro camera's, maybe there are some exceptions). I currently use a Rebel (450D) so the 6D would be a major upgrade but still ...

I dont think you will regret getting the 6D, but if you'd rather be safe than sorry you can always just wait for the 6DIII I went from 40D to 6D and won't be looking back. Actually, the most underrated feature of the 6D is video. It is great to be able to take high quality video - that loads directly in to LR4 -  with my DSLR.

Happy shopping

Rune

runefb's gear list:runefb's gear list
Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow