bigpigbig
Senior MemberPosts: 1,681Gear list
Like?
Re: Views from up top: the Shard with the 14mm
In reply to rattymouse, Feb 9, 2013

rattymouse wrote:

bigpigbig wrote:

rattymouse wrote:

Excellent shots. Looks like a fantastic lens.

In this day and age, there is NO WAY any building is going to allow the general public access to a height like that without glass or a cage in front of you. Not going to happen.

Depends where you are. Obviously they don't want people stepping off, but sometimes there is open air and the cage is wide enough to get a lens through.

I've shot from the tallest building in Bangkok (Bayoke Tower) which allows open air viewing from the top. The Eiffel tower is pretty good as well. There, you can even lean out a bit and shoot downward.

A lens hole I can see. I was thinking totally open access where a disturbed person could do a pretty enormous amount of damage to themselves or others.

I might make it to Paris later this year so perhaps I'll get a chance to see what you are talking about in person.

-- hide signature --

DISCLAIMER: The text written herein is meant to provide the opinions and/or suggestions of the author. No statement herein is meant to be considered law of the land, representative of any party or group, and or a quote from any party or group. Neither is any statement in the contained text meant to be taken as scripture, doctrine, or all encompassing of an entire populous or any groups or individuals therein.

Damn!

I just went looking for those photos and can't find them anywhere. Grrrrr.

I did find some shots from the Empire State Building that were open air as well. Though they were from 2003, so things might be different now.

bigpigbig's gear list:bigpigbig's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow