Started Feb 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
krmuir
Regular MemberPosts: 145
Like?
Surface pro for photography
Feb 9, 2013

I'm surprised nobody has started a thread on this yet. There have been quite a few criticisms of the newly launched MS tablet but I think it looks quite a compelling device. I have been extremely disappointed at the limitations Apple has placed on the iPad with regards to photography. The only use I can see for it is viewing images given the excellent display (although getting the photos on there in the first place is not made easy).

The surface pro appears fast, can run photoshop and other photography software but what seems most interesting to me is that it contains a wacom digitiser and ability to edit directly onto the device.

Storage space and price are a bit of a concern but I think there is a lot of potential. The storage issue appears no worse than the equivalent macbook air and it would be no problem to me to keep photos on an external disk. I am interested to know what others think or if anyone has tried it out yet?

-- hide signature --

Kenny

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow