Started Feb 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mike703
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,815
Like?
trip to Varanasi, India
Feb 9, 2013

I recently spent a few days in Varanasi at a conference.  I took my (new) K-01, and the DA16-45, DAL 55-300 and 35mm f/2.8 Ltd - a compact kit which fits in a small bag.  Here are some souvenirs: first some shots in the streets either walking around or from the back of a rickshaw, and then a series from an evening boat ride along the river ganges - which was amazing.

Three on a moped... and one helmet!

...or a slightly more stable way of getting around

A mobile shop with the owner looking out for customers

A traffic policeman trying to regulate the cheerful chaos

A silk weaver in a market

We started the boat trip in the later afternoon just as light was going

View of Varanasi from the river...

... and another one...

After dark we stopped to watch a performance by the river's edge

Lots of groups in small boats came to watch, lit only by the lights from the performance

This was my first serious test of the K-01 which replaced the K7 I had used for a couple of years.  I had no problems with the screen despite bright sun - you can see enough to frame a shot with no problems.  I was very glad of the camera's performance at ISO6400 for the night shots on the river - those last three are my favourites of the whole trip, with the strongly directional light giving a mood that makes the pics look like paintings (to me, anyway).

c/c welcome, as always.

Best wishes

Pentax K-01 Pentax K-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow