Heads up - New boxed Ricoh Caplio 500G on Ebay

Started Jan 5, 2011 | Discussions thread
schaki
Senior MemberPosts: 2,048Gear list
Like?
Re: A Ricoh Caplio 300G
In reply to schaki, Feb 9, 2013

http://ebay.de/itm/Ricoh-Caplio-300G-Wasserdicht-bis-2m-/190795977607?pt=DE_Foto_Camcorder_Digitalkameras&hash=item2c6c539387

Seems like it is in great condition. The 300G is based on the Ricoh Caplio RR30 which was a popular camera in its day.

You better ask the seller to find out if the sensor still is working well in this one or not as that 3mp ccd can be very problematic.

The Ricoh Convar service can still replace that sensor if the following link is included in the RMA as well as sample images on a memory card which to prove that the problem really is there.

At least for me the problems I had with my 400G wide almost only occurred in bright daylight, sunshine and when it was warm and inside, in their labtests the problem didn't show up there.

I've had a 300G but that was for like two years ago. The lowest iso in the menu is 200. To get get down to iso 125 which is the lowest for this one as well as the 400G wide, set the Iso to Auto. Then the camera tries to stay in the range of 125- to approximately 150 or 200.

schaki's gear list:schaki's gear list
Contax TVS Digital
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow