Speedbooster

Started Feb 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
Paul De Bra
Forum ProPosts: 11,234Gear list
Like?
the current speedbooster is really puzzling...
In reply to zenpmd, Feb 9, 2013

To me it seems like an odd combination to have the speedbooster for mounting Canon EF lenses on Sony Nex cameras. The result is not very appealing (huge lenses on a tiny camera body) and the AF is supposedly excruciatingly slow which isn't really a surprise when combining two totally different systems.

I would have expected the first speedbooster to be something like Canon full frame EF to Canon aps-c or similar for Nikon or such, not Canon to Sony. It seems to me that a fully functional speedbooster that stays within the same system would be much more successful and also easier to make. People would love to have for instance a Canon 24-105L f/4 to behave like a 24-105 on their aps-c dslr instead of like a 38-169 lens.

Of course the fact that the speedbooster works between different systems gives us hope of a speedbooster for m43 coming out, but no hope for a really usable autofocus.

-- hide signature --

Slowly learning to use the Olympus OM-D E-M5.
Public pictures at http://debra.zenfolio.com/.

Paul De Bra's gear list:Paul De Bra's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow