Case of Sigma, DP3 Merrill, SPP 5.5

Started Feb 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
richard stone
Senior MemberPosts: 1,576
Like?
Re: Case of Sigma, DP3 Merrill, SPP 5.5
In reply to mordicai, Feb 9, 2013

mordicai wrote:

Sorry Richard. I didn't mean to upset you by expressing my feelings about the lens. I shoot most of my stuff these days with a DP2 so I thought it might be ok to post on this forum. I'll get out of your way for I am certinely not the sensitive and perceptive guy you make me out to be.

Did I suggest you stop posting? Did I say I was upset? Did I say you shouldn't post on this forum? Did I suggest you were in my way? Whatever that means? Sensitive? Apparently yes.

Meanwhile, you seem to have ignored the point of my post which was that the colors in all the images we have seen so far seem to have been produced by people in the grip of rather dark emotions, and even darker skies, or maybe the other way around. Harsh and uninviting may be expressing your feelings, but how much of that is based on the extreme sharpness of the lens combined with the available and natural (blue-ish) lighting in many of the images? And then we have others, not you, complaining about skin tones in the (darker) images?

Maybe they should only allow cheerful springtime images when they introduce a new camera? Brightly lit flowers and babies and birds? Then people would probably complain that the lenses lack character and don't "draw" well.

Richard

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow