Started Feb 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
dspoel
Regular MemberPosts: 133
Like?
Re: Good responses
In reply to Wyville, Feb 9, 2013

Wyville wrote:

dspoel wrote:

Thanks everyone, unfortunately it is pretty dark here in Sweden in winter, so I will have to increase the ISO to get faster. Will now finally do the MFA as well.

-- hide signature --

David.

I visited Stockholm in November and you indeed have only a short window where there is enough light.

I see you live in Uppsala. How is the birding there? Uppsala is currently high up on my list for trying to get a postdoc position. If so, I would dearly love to bring my camera and try to find some new species to add to my collection. I would guess there are a lot of good places, considering there is a big lake and there are lots of woods to the south of Uppsala.

Birding is less in winter, in part because it is difficult to go places, like in forests, unless you can ski. There are nice places around, wetlands and some forests (not a lot of nice forests though because of the ruthless forest industry). With some effort and guidance, e.g. by joining the local birding club, you can find many of the typical boreal species, woodpeckers, owls, grouse, and also some eastern song birds. University is pretty good too - I work there ;-).

-- hide signature --

David.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow