Which point and shoot compact digital camera is best for my needs?

Started Oct 12, 2012 | Questions thread
Dutchpepper
Senior MemberPosts: 1,359Gear list
Like?
Re: Which point and shoot compact digital camera is best for my needs?
In reply to cocofx, Feb 9, 2013

cocofx wrote:

hi since you have the SCS HX30V or for anyone else. can you please guide me on this. i tested this camera out at the store and it seems that the picture quility is good, but ive noticed that the color doesnt seem to be true.

for the most part reds, oranges and yellows. seem to be way brighter then the actual object is. red seems very bright, oranges seem to look red and yellows are way brighter then the object in real life.

is there a particular reasoning for this, and is there a way to change this? thank you

Make sure the camera isn't set on vivid, but really you can't really tell by looking on the back screen. on the Computer they will look fine. Sony do tend to put a bit more "punch" in there colours  have a look on flickr for photos from the Hx20v it will give you an idea of what they look like.

Craig
http://www.flickr.com/photos/loubella/

Dutchpepper's gear list:Dutchpepper's gear list
Sony SLT-A57 Sony a5000 Sony a6000 Tamron AF 55-200mm F/4-5.6 Di II LD Macro Sigma 50mm F2.8 EX DG Macro +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow