Copyright law Locked

Started Feb 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Dan Marchant
Senior MemberPosts: 1,557Gear list
Re: Copyright law
In reply to diverroy, Feb 9, 2013

It wont have any effect on our images, in fact it is a good ruling for photographers.

The fashion house was restricting photographers use of their own photos in the same way that music performers are starting to do. It isn't clear from the article if the fashion house was claiming copyright ownership of the images (via a contract with the photographers) or claiming that the images infringed the copyright on their designs (which it wouldn't). In either case this ruling is good because it doesn't affect the fashion houses rights in their work but it does confirm the photographers rights in theirs.

One bad part of the article is the quote from Rick Falkvinge, founder of the Pirate Party. His claim that people seeding/distributing a political documentary (that they don't own) isn't going to be punished is unrealistic.

-- hide signature --

Dan
-
I love my girlfriend, my dog and my canon 5DIII - even though none of them ever do what I tell them
I am learning photo graphee - see the results at www.danmarchant.com

Dan Marchant's gear list:Dan Marchant's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +1 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow