Canon Portrait lens on Full Frame Body

Started Feb 8, 2013 | Questions thread
PreetinderBajwa
Forum MemberPosts: 65Gear list
Like?
Re: Canon Portrait lens on Full Frame Body
In reply to Psychic1, Feb 9, 2013

Thanks Psychic1,

I had the 24-70/2.8 and 70-200/2.8 combo when I owned the D700. I found the 70-200 to be a great lens for outdoor portraits but it was so heavy, I found that I was leaving it home more often than carry it with me. I am more of a casual/hobbyist than a person earning from the use of these lens. I have never shot in studio cos I won't know how to manage those lights and flashes and stuff

You are right though, the 70-200/2.8 is a formidable lens and takes awesome pictures Its a lens which attracts a lot of attention too

With the mental flipping currently I am going through with gear purchase, I reached out to all of you to get sane advice and I have got some good inputs from all of you

LOL, its like I am looking at a surrogate external advise to save me some money while I build my gear set

Thanks and Regards

Preet

Psychic1 wrote:

I purchased the 1DsIII a few days after the 5DII was released because the 85L II always focused better on my 1D than it did on my 5D.

I sold the 85L II last year because 90% of my portraits were at 2.8 and the 70-200L IS II makes an excellent file.

I owned the 85L, 135L, 200L IS entended periods (years) and the 70-200L IS II enabled me to sell them all.

-- hide signature --

If money was not an issue for a lifetime - what would you be doing instead of what you do now ?

PreetinderBajwa's gear list:PreetinderBajwa's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow