Canon Portrait lens on Full Frame Body

Started Feb 8, 2013 | Questions thread
PreetinderBajwa
Forum MemberPosts: 65Gear list
Like?
Re: Canon Portrait lens on Full Frame Body
In reply to bhollis, Feb 9, 2013

Hi Bhollis,

Thanks for that link ! wow thats a huge price difference ! The one I saw here in Hong Kong is ready for a mount on NEX/Micro 4/3, Fuji's X series and EOS M ! Like the ebay post, it too is a TV lens and not the rangefinder one.

Do you know if the rangefinder was the killer lens or the TV version was the killer lens ? On those bodies it becomes a 75mm or so lens anyway !

Maybe I am just enamoured rather than being practical...... and 85/1.2 might be the way to go !

Regards

Preet

bhollis wrote:

Is this the lens you're talking about?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Canon-50mm-1-0-95-f-0-95-f0-95-50-0-95-C-Mount-Lens-/150990328892?pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item2327b9943c

If so, then I suspect that $2700 is far too much, and its usefulness as a portrait lens on a Canon DSLR will be very limited.

IMHO, you'd be far better off with the EF 50 f/1.2, or better yet, the EF 85 f/1.2.

-- hide signature --

If money was not an issue for a lifetime - what would you be doing instead of what you do now ?

PreetinderBajwa's gear list:PreetinderBajwa's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow