Laptop for Photography Advice... Budget $2500-$3000

Started Feb 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
malch
Forum ProPosts: 10,446
Like?
Re: Laptop for Photography Advice... Budget $2500-$3000
In reply to surve, Feb 9, 2013

surve wrote:

That monitor is on special at the moment so that would suit me. I was looking at U2410 because of the 100% RGB coverage. Out of interest what are the implications of the wider - gamut.
As far as installing of the SSD, that might be stretching my comfort zone a bit to far. I would like the extra speed, but I know absolutely nothing about the internal workings of these dam things.

With the wide gamut monitor you'll have more complex setup and will get nasty results with any applications that are not fully color managed.

You really don't need to know anything about SSD's. They're just like conventional disks but faster.

There are some subtle differences but if you install the thing and then install Windows, it will pretty much take care of everything automagically. For example, SSD partitions need to be properly aligned. But the Windows installer knows all about that stuff and will just do it for you.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow