sean lancaster
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,159Gear list
Like?
Re: Omd vs nex
In reply to dpyy, Feb 9, 2013

dpyy wrote:

Steelergeek69 wrote:

Message Body:
Hi!. I have enjoyed your inputs for over many months. . I was set to buy a nex 6 or 5r but then started reading about the Oly omd em5. Saying how much better it is compared to nex camera ,This and that. Well I'm no pro but want to get into photography mostly taking pictures of my kids (3 &10) vacation,and many concerts(indoor). So what's your take on these two cameras(nex 6 vs OMD)? Lets say with the 35 1.8 lens and the oly 45 1.8 on the omd?all the reviews glorifying the omd is with a prime lens,but what about a nex with a prime on?thanks for your time

I just wish someone have the heart to him that neither camera will be able to take picture of kids. Not knocking the nex, love my nex6 but it aint happening. You can buy a DSLR with less money and have more keepers.

I don't know 3 years old since I wasn't into photography in those days, but my 10 year old never gave my NEX 5N any problems (he's now 11):

10 year old kids have slowed down enough much of the time and they're easy to ask to pose as well. I honestly have no trouble getting pictures every day of my kids (now 11 and 12). Though, I suspect the 3 year old won't sit still very often and that could be problematic for many cameras. Maybe a Nikon D4 is necessary.

sean lancaster's gear list:sean lancaster's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha 7 Voigtlander 35mm F1.2 Nokton Sony FE 55mm F1.8 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow