DxO and Sony 50mm 2.8 Macro

Started Feb 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
WaltKnapp
Forum ProPosts: 13,801
Like?
Re: DxO and Sony 50mm 2.8 Macro
In reply to decimusmaximus7, Feb 9, 2013

decimusmaximus7 wrote:

All of a sudden DxO has stopped recognizing my Sony 50mm 2.8 Macro when I open a raw image SOOC taken with it. I checked and I have the module downloaded for this lens but DxO says "No DxO Optics Module is available for this image" when I try to use it.

I've attached a screenshot of the EXIF from DxO, it is recognizing it as 50mm 2.8, but I think it used to say Macro.

The only change that I've made is the recent firmware upgrade. Could the addition of the corrections for the SAL50M28 have changed the name of the lens so that DxO no longer recognizes it?

Do you have the module for the 99 downloaded?  DxO catalogs the modules by both lens and camera model.

I'd say if the module is for that camera then maybe just go in and remove the module and download it again and see if that fixes it. And don't worry about the why, life is too short. I've had occasional modules quit working for no apparent reason and removing and downloading them again has fixed it.

-- hide signature --

I'm Only Responsible For What I Say, Not For What You Understand.
-Walt-

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow