olympus620
Regular MemberPosts: 442
Like?
Re: Four Thirds upgrade cycles
In reply to SalBonavita, Feb 9, 2013

SalBonavita wrote:

dave gaines wrote:

illy wrote:

i don't think they'll throw much into any Dslr arena if anything at all, after leaving the range well alone for 3 years it makes no sense to release a bunch of new bodies when people have either migrated to m4/3rds or other brands

That's not an optimistic view for Olympus DSLRs. It's been just over 2 years since the release of the E-5. The latest announcement from Terada at Olympus is they will continue to develop DSLRs aimed at entry level and Pro level.

Hi dave,

I will believe it when I see it. So far there have been no indication they will continue development in DSLR arena. Some folk try to add words between the lines, but there have been no open references to DSLR coming from Olympus. So take it as it comes, and move on if you need a more capable system today or in future.

-- hide signature --

Sal

This article is 3 years old but tells a lot about the sensor sizes from that time forward. I wonder if he still feels the same way regarding 20 megapixel cameras. Today was the first time seeing this article for myself. I was disapointed with the E-5 sensor size but now I understand why it wasn't any bigger. Quality not quantity.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13580_3-10189546-39.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-5

"Olympus: 12 megapixels is enough for most folks

Most folks don't need more than 12 megapixels, an Olympus SLR leader says, so now is the time to improve other qualities. Also: expect big changes in autofocus."

-- hide signature --

oly620
I am not a pro and only post for humors sake so please dont flame me.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
skeys MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow