DxO Mark reviews (comparing Canon and Nikon)

Started Feb 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
TStott
Forum MemberPosts: 71Gear list
Like?
Re: DxO Mark reviews (comparing Canon and Nikon)
In reply to plugin, Feb 9, 2013

plugin wrote:

If you think another product is better and you can justify switching, then that makes the most sense. I would caution you though that even if DXO is accurate, a sensor is just one important part of the whole system, and the final images are what you should be comparing. Lenses, sensors, camera firmware, processing software - all of these factors contribute.

Switching would be costly and like I said, I like Canon.  If anything I'm frustrated with the low light performance of my 60D and thinking about the 6D.  If I do that I have lenses to replace which get costly since I have focused on buying good lenses (15-85 and the 10-22).  Anyways, that's why I was looking and was surprised to see how the ratings favoured Nikon especially in the low light area.

TStott's gear list:TStott's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow