Started Feb 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
olynik969
Senior MemberPosts: 1,412
Like?
So... new a77 - OMG!
Feb 9, 2013

So, having been so smitten with the a57, couldn't resist the sale prices on the a77 w/15-50mm f/2.8 and the 55-300mm. Ordered from Best Buy, got it today and "OMG".... this is "to me" an amazing camera. The feel, size, weight, controls, great lens..... and "to me" great image quality!

So, I'm a Jpeg shooter (primarily - hate Post Processing) and I'm having a terrible time figuring out what DPreview found so negative about the Jpegs.... Bottom line, I'm an extremely happy customer.

The OLED viewfinder is fantastic (inside) and outside at night. Must admit I'm not finding it excellent outside in high contrast daylight - "but" I simply trust the camera to produce a great image regardless of the challenges I have w/that type of scene's appearance in the EVF.

Have attached my 5th photo (nothing special... but if you can zoom in on the nose, the detail is amazing...).... and - she is Dada's Baby Girl...

Finally, the on-board flash exposure is excellent. Next acquisition is a shoe mount flash - and if that works as well as the on-board flash, my Nikon and Canon and Panny stuff is heading off to sale.

Bob

-- hide signature --

Bob (formerly bobmax)

Sony SLT-A57 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow