Help: How do I back up an external drive with another external drive? Software recommendation?

Started Feb 8, 2013 | Questions thread
CameraCarl
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,243Gear list
Like?
Re: Help: How do I back up an external drive with another external drive? Software recommendation?
In reply to webfrasse, Feb 9, 2013

webfrasse wrote:

Carbon Copy Cloner

Works fine

Super Duper

Works fine

ChronoSync

Works fine

Remember: It must be easy to use.

All tools can be configured once and then run automatically when the drives are connected or on time based schedule. I wouldn't say that one is harder than the other, just different UI's.

webfrasse, I have a similar question. Will these software programs work if I have image files on several different external hard drives and want to regularly back up to a single large external drive? For further info: I keep images from each year of shooting on a separate external drive. As I do post processing, the information on each of these drives may (or may not) change between back-up cycles (typically every couple of months). Is the software smart enough to find and back up those changes when I connect the backup drive to the computer and run the back up?

CameraCarl's gear list:CameraCarl's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow